This doesn’t really have anything to do with Harry Potter (just fashion in general), but as I started school this last month and I go to a school with uniforms, I though I’d post this so you could see how I would dress up a school uniform. In the bottom left corner, I put together an outfit that is pretty much my school uniform so you could see how I’d coordinate these accessories with my school’s colors.
- Necklaces: It might sound simple, but a cool necklace can make a boring school uniform look a lot more like a normal outfit. Just make sure that the colors in the necklace compliment the colors of your uniform.
- Scarves: If necklaces aren’t really your thing and your school’s dress code allows it, wear a scarf in the fall and/or winter. They come in lots of cool patterns and styles, and you’ll probably be able to find one that compliments your uniform.
- Earrings: Again, it might sound simple, but a quirky pair of earrings can really make a uniform interesting. If you find a really cool pair that goes with your uniform, pull your hair up and show them off!
- Bracelets: As far as bracelets go, I don’t recommend wearing metal ones. As you’re writing, typing, or just moving in general during the day, they’re going to hit things and make noise, which is annoying for a lot of people, especially if you’re taking a test. If you want to wear bracelets, I suggest wearing cord bracelets, like the ones I’ve shown here, or any other kind of leather or rubber wristband that won’t make any noise.
- Rings: Rings are always a good way to accessorize if you don’t like having something around your neck. Wear a ton, wear one, it’s really up to you! Like I said before with the necklaces: make sure the metals and gem colors go with the colors of your uniform!
- Headbands: Headbands are a great way to accessorize, while also keeping your hair out of your face. The kinds of headbands I used are all thick elastic head wrap types, but that’s just my preference. You could really use any kind you want, be it a thin elastic one, thick elastic one, plastic one, metal one, its really up to you!
The biggest tip I can give you is to make sure whatever accessories you choose go with the colors and/or patterns of your school uniform! If they don’t, it’s going to clash and won’t look very good!